Many of our products are sourced from different manufacturers and suppliers who have their own individual Warranty Policies.
A general guide explaining warranty coverage can be found below, however in no way does this override or replace the supplier’s individual Warranty Policies.
Any NEW item purchased is warranted from the date of purchase against faults arising due to defects in materials or manufacturing.
Warranty does not cover parts or electrical components damaged by misuse, neglect, accident, or improper installation, nor those tampered with, altered or serviced by an agency not authorized by the manufacturer. Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear on any of our products, for example: tyres and tubes, or batteries.
All warranty claims must be returned to us for assessment, if so required.
General warranty conditions:
- 2 to 3 years on frames depending on models. 5 years for Top Gun Mobility Scooters.
- 12 months on electronic components and parts
- 6 months on new batteries unless otherwise stated, eg Lithium batteries generally 12 months
Second Hand Equipment
- 3 months on mechanical equipment
- No warranty on electric devices (for example, scooters or electric wheelchairs) unless expressly stated.
- No warranty on batteries unless expressly given
- No warranty on electronic components or systems
General Exclusion Conditions
- Excluded is fair wear and tear
- Battery failure due to improper battery use and charging
- Ingress of water into any part of the electrics / electronics
- Other improper uses of your product(s)
In the event of a warranty claim, the repair and return of the mobility device will be completed as quickly as possible. There is also the option to hire a mobility device from the rental range we have available for the repair duration, at a 50% weekly hire rate reduction.
Making a Claim:
To make a claim, please contact the office and provide details of your issue. This should include:
- Details of what went wrong
- The area or terrain (hills, grass, gravel, over a puddle or on flat ground pedestrian footpaths, for example) you were travelling in where the issue occurred
- The device’s odometer reading (if you have one), the battery indicator level of the scooter, and the weight of the user(s) of the mobility device.
- Any pictures or videos you can provide of the issue
Labour and Transport Fees
It is the customer’s responsibility to pay for any fees to get themselves and their device transported back home following a fault occurring.
Mobility Scooters for Hire Sale Service will not charge any fees for rectifying a warranty issue, provided it is confirmed to be a warranty issue on investigation of the claim. In the event the issue is not a warranty, standard Service Repair Fees and any Labour and Transport fees will be charged and is the responsibility of the customer to pay.
When a warranty claim is made, an authorised agent of the Company will repair any warranted faulty parts free of charge. This is conditional to the device being within the service range, Metro Melbourne up to 70km travel distance from our service centre, through the company’s travel routes.
For any warranty claims outside of this range, it is the customer’s responsibility to return the device to the Company for assessment and repair to rectify the issue. As certain devices purchased from the Company can be large or bulky items, the customer, prior to purchase of the device, must ensure one of the following:
- The customer has the ability to return the device to the Company, OR
- The customer has a local agent whom has provided to the company a quotation for diagnosing and repair (to be approved by the Company), if they cannot return the mobility device for a repair, OR
- If there is no service agent available, or the Quote has not been approved by the Company, the customer must:
- Have access to a printer / post office to print off shipping labels
- Retain the shipping pallet / skid the device arrived on, in order to send it back
- Have the ability to safely secure, or have assistance is safely securing the product to the pallet / skid, and send the product back to the Company.
Labour or Repair Fees performed by an agent local to the customer’s area:
If a repair agent’s quote is approved by the Company, it is the customer’s responsibility to provide evidence of the warranty claim to the Company. Mobility Scooters for Hire Sale Service will provide the warranted part free of charge to the designated repair agent. Certain evidence must be provided to Mobility Scooters for Hire Sale Service, before the customer will be reimburse for any labour fees they have paid to get their warranty resolved. This includes:
- The faulty part
- Proof of Service invoice
- Photographic evidence of the issue, and / or videos of the issue
Possible other documents or details required, dependant on the supplier’s individual warranty terms and conditions for a claim.