Vic Roads Motorised Mobility Devices Guide
- Read this resource – it is very good
- You may use a mobility scooter if you have difficulty walking
- You are classed as a pedestrian and must obey the same rules of the road
- You must use a footpath if available
- Maximum speed on a footpath is 10 kph
- If no footpath you may use the road
- On the road you must be on the right hand side facing oncoming traffic
- You do not need to register the mobility scooter or have a drivers license
- DEATHS – from using a motorised mobility device
2/3 involved a motor vehicle
45% happened while crossing roads !
1/3 of these deaths occurred while on a pedestrian crossing
1/3 of all deaths resulted from falling off the mobility scooter !
Check this resource for details
- BE CAREFUL – especically watch for vehicles reversing out of driveways.
- ENJOY your freedom
- You may download the Vic Roads Motorised Mobility Device pdf file here (870 kb)